4240 Plum Bottom Road
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin 54209

Phone: 920.746.0903

Practice Areas

  • Immigration
  • International Migration
  • International Business Services
  • Mediation

H1B Visa Extension



Extending Your H-1B With Your Current Employer

An H-1B employee may extend his/her H-1B work authorization within 6 months of the expiration of the current H-1B.  The petition to extend the H-1B must be submitted anytime prior to the expiration date of the current H-1B work authorization. As long as the petition for an extension has been filed in a timely fashion, you may remain in the U.S. in valid status and continue your employment. 

Note: your H-1B is portable to a new employer based on the request for an extension, even if the extension has yet to be granted (see “H-1B Transfer”).



Glenn Mandel — Attorney at Law
Licensed in California and Wisconsin
Admitted to the Federal Bar for the Central District of California
Member American Immigration Lawyers Association